Explore the fears that engulf your life with poetry "The Shadow of Fears"!

THE SHADOW OF FEAR

-By SARAH KHAN

When I was a baby I was afraid of darkness
So immensely that I'd scream out
When I was a child I was afraid of silence
So grim that I used to burst out
When I was a teenager I was afraid of love
So deeply that I avoided attachments
When I was a young adult I was afraid of challenges
So hard that I would not risk with detachments
When I became an adult I was afraid of the past
The people I hurt and they couldn't forgive
When I grew old, I got afraid of death
Being in life of fears I forgot to live


DESCRIPTION- This poetry emphasizes the fear which has chased a human throughout his or her life because of which he or she couldn't relish the life. Living in fear deprives us of the happiness. Hence, a life woven around fear couldn't' sustain the joys. We must be opportunistic and courageous enough to overcome darkness, silence, love, challenges, past and all other fears that engulf our existence.


Comments

Post a Comment

Comment for Feedback