Story that helps you achieve the gateway of dreams!

THE REAL MAGIC

-By Sarah Khan

Walking towards my bed to sleep, it felt like someone was watching me. I looked around in panic. I could see my bedroom door handle turning slowly. All of a sudden, a queer figure appeared in front of me. That was an elf!

I could recognise the elf from the character of Dobby in Harry Potter film and novel. I couldn't believe my eyes for a moment as I rubbed them. The elf said, "Your parents have never disclosed their magical powers with you. Soon your parents and all those in the streets with magical abilities are going to get into action because Lord Voldemort is coming to the city and the wizards are now preparing to fight him."

Although I felt frightened about the evil Voldemort, I was thrilled to know that I might also get a chance to meet Harry Potter. I couldn't understand if this was real. The elf went after he had informed me the uncanny happenings at the vicinity. But I kept pondering about it. 

Suddenly I observed someone flying out of my window. I stood there and observed that many others were flying too. I rushed towards the door and got out. While I stood on the road, I could see each one of them flying. They had all been a wizard, but they never told. I felt the FOMO (fear of missing out). I wondered why the elf didn't tell me if I don't have magical powers.

Along with birds soaring over my head, people were flying by flapping their wings. But I couldn't. I kept watching everyone else soar by and I felt left out as if I was missing something everyone else had. Some people were laughing pointing towards me for not being able to fly. I walked away to a nearby park in despair, sat under the banana tree and cried. 

At the spur of the moment, I heard a soft voice murmuring into my ears, "Don't be sad, you don't need wings to fly." I turned around but couldn't see anyone. But then I heard the voice again, "You have something special inside you. Something that no one else here has. And that is the ability to dream."

I sat there and began to imagine myself flying and suddenly I was floating above the trees. The only thing that had been holding me back before were my own doubts and fear. Once I let myself go out of the insecurities, the magic happened. 

And then when I was about to collide with a pillar, suddenly I woke up, finding myself lying in the bed, wrapped in blankets and realised how amazing dream it was. 

Now I knew that the power of my dreams was stronger than any magic around. Dreams themselves were the magic and that anything was possible if I believe in my capabilities to dream. 




Comments