How I met my cat!

The Meow's search of home

(From the perspective of a cat)

-By Sarah Khan


Walking in search of a shelter

I found a home so I knocked the door

Nervously someone came and offered me food

I said, “Burp! Can I have it more?”


Lazily I stretched my forepaws

I liked the kindness of that family

All I ever needed was compassion

Being a stray cat, I did things silly


In the first visit, I felt so homely

That I started to come there daily

Sarah gives sweet cuddles to me

With soft touches, I never feel lonely


Meow- I say with my wide innocent eyes

Scared of dogs, I chase birds and flies

I’m not a chicken fan, but I love the fish

Not to play, I eat the fishes and mice


I rub my body against people I love

Prioritize food and sleep is all above

Scratch my feet often on the mat

With my nails, I don’t wear a glove


Why am I always hungry and lazy?

My furry tail dance so crazy

I’m friendly with people I trust

I get sick when the air is hazy


I don’t know how to drive, but I love the scooty

I just eat, sleep, burp, so why am I called cutie?

But thanks for tackling my poop and pee

Offering me food and comfort is your duty


Sometimes I try to act like tigers, you see

But I wonder why nobody is scared of me

With my graceful movements I attract people

So often I play with them as I’m free


I hate when people throw me stones

But I like when they record me with their phones

Hiding under the cars and behind the trees

I keep myself active with energetic bones


Purr! Time to sleep now on my tummy flat

Wake me up when you find me a rat

Please be attentive to noises like barks

And don’t forget your Miss Kitty cat!








Comments

Post a Comment

Comment for Feedback