Ink of Solace: Discover how words heal poets!

The Ink of Solace

-By Sarah Khan

The tears rolling down the eyes

With pain stored deep inside

Shattered hopes of love

In red swollen eyes so wide


Why is my mind questioning my existence?

Why is my soul craving for peace?

How do I accept the harsh reality?

When pitfalls entered my door to tease


They scratched me causing wounds

Then blamed the scars for bleeding

Left the marks unattended

It’s trauma they were feeding


Oh you’re crying with me as well?

Nobody gives a shit about it

You have to fight alone

Struggle with it, admit or quit!


Their voices shrieked at me

Compelling me to shield my soul

“Poor girl she acts in defense”!

Tolerating the agony is my sheer role


Not the first time I felt this

Like I hate this filthy earth

What I love is something lifeless

Finding ways of rebirth


My smiles make them question

Why do my tears not bother them?

When I cry, I cry alone

Like harbor of emotions stem


When I was searching for an escape

An escape from this dark plight

I transferred my pain to this poetry

To heal with every word I write


I heal with every word I write…




Comments

Post a Comment

Comment for Feedback