All About She - A hard hitting Women's Day poetry

ALL ABOUT SHE

- Poetry by SARAH KHAN


Another women's day to remind you of oppression
Another day to remind you of patriarchy
Being a woman in this world
A world of flawed hierarchy

I wish it was cool to hear catcalling on streets
To pretend to be calm, being seen as flesh piece

सिर्फ कहने की बात है नारी शक्ति की मिसाल है 
क्यूं बांधा जाता है जंजीरो से उन्हे ये मेरा सवाल है 

I wish it was fun to be groped in a bus
To not get into a trauma or create a fuss

Taking years to know the difference between being molested and loved
To be respected and trust without being shoved

तकत है मेरे आंसू कमजोरी नहीं 
शिक्षा मेरा हक है कोई चोरी नहीं

I wish I didn't care when I read a disturbing news
When a girl had to go through high levels of abuse

I wish it was easy to say "Don't be anything less than a man"
To constantly prove for not getting rights to ban

औरत को इज्जत देकर आदमी की इज्जत कम नहीं होगी 
हर चुनोती से गुजर कर भी मेरी आंखें नम नहीं होगी

I wish it was okay for not being able to talk to boys
Whether dating, meeting or chatting, no choice

I wish my clothes were not the benchmark 
To question my character on my feminine spark

जब पूरे समाज से लड़ने की रखती हूं मैं शक्ति 
फिर क्यों भाई के बिना मैं घर के बाहर नहीं जा सकती?

I wish I liked to destroy my dreams after marriage
To be dependent upon husband and clean his garage

I wish I could adjust my abusive in laws
Divorce or stay unmarried till menopause

बीमार होजाऊ तो ​​ताना देते हैं "तू क्यों लेटी है?" 
कितनी तकलीफ होती है सुनके "बेटा नहीं, बस बेटी है?"

I wish I enjoyed to not have a choice
To not wear what I want, to not make noise

I wish I never needed to speak this all
But this is what I observed since I was small

नहीं जीना मुझे पति या भाई के सहारे से
अपने पेरो पर खड़े होना है, नाचना नहीं इशारे पे 

This Women's day shall pass too
But will equality be achieved by me and you?

खुदकी सुरक्षा को क़ैद होकर नहीं पाना है 
पिंजरे में क़ैद होना नहीं, पिंजरा तोड़ के उड़ जाना है

जैसे हाथी बंधा जंजीरो में, अपनी तकत से अंजान 

बेटीयां भी नाम करेंगे, बनेगी घर की शान 




Comments